17 Battling Depression And Anxiety Quotes That Let You Know You Will Prevail
Battling depression and anxiety takes a lot of energy – and can be filled with misery. Feeling better doesn’t happen on command. And typically requires more than an inspirational quote. At times having depression and anxiety can feel like they will last a lifetime. If you’re battling depression and anxiety, quotes that let you know you will prevail help you feel less alone – and more confident about moving forward.
Sound cheesy? Some quotes may seem inauthentic and like they are trying too hard to be sentimental.
But, keep an open mind and you may just find a, mantra or quote to help inspire you.
Check in with yourself and consider rating your depression and anxiety on a 1-10 scale. (1=lowest; 10=highest)
After reading the quotes, check back in and rate your mood on the same scale. You may just notice a benefit to taking time to read and reflect on the quotes.
QUOTES related to depression, for when you are battling depression
- “No matter how tall the mountain is, it cannot block the sun.” – Chinese Proverb
- “What we don’t need in the midst of struggle is shame for being human.” – Brene’ Brown
- “You are allowed to feel messed up and inside out. It doesn’t mean you’re defective – it just means you’re human.” – David Mitchell
- “You are strong enough to face it all, even if it doesn’t feel like it right now” – Unknown
- “Keep searching for the colors when everything turns grey.” – Christy Ann Martine
- “Although the world is full of suffering, it is also full of the overcoming of it.” – Helen Keller
- “You aren’t the things that haunt you. You aren’t the pain you feel. You aren’t defective or broken. You’re human, you’re doing the best you can, and you have so much to offer the world than the demons you’re fighting.” – Daniell Koepke
- “The goal is not to heal and then begin your life. The goal is to embrace healing as a life long journey and allow genuine connections to emerge organically along the way.“― yung pueblo
- “When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.” – Henry Ford
QUOTES related to anxiety, for when you are battling anxiety
- “Anxiety does not empty tomorrow of its sorrows, but only empties today of its strength.” —Charles Spurgeon
- “You wouldn’t worry so much about what others think of you if you realized how seldom they do.” –Eleanor Roosevelt
- “Slow breathing is like an anchor in the midst of an emotional storm: the anchor won’t make the storm goes away, but it will hold you steady until it passes.” –Russ Harris
- “People in therapy are often in therapy to deal with the people in their lives who won’t go to therapy.” Unknown
- “Worry is a down payment on a problem you may never have.” –Unknown
- “I’ve had a lot of worries in my life, most of which never happened.” — Mark Twain
- “Don’t believe every worried thought .. Worried thoughts are notoriously inaccurate“–Renee Jain
- “Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future.” – Deepak Chopra
Depression and anxiety affect people differently.
The experience of anxiety and depression varies in lots of ways and can be hard to describe.
For centuries, poets and musicians have used metaphors and imagery to describe anxiety and depression in ways that may resonate with you. Somehow, knowing that at least someone understands how you feel can be comforting.
Do any of the following poems resonate?
POEMS ABOUT DEPRESSION
“the goal is not to heal
and then begin your life
the goal is to embrace healing
as a life long journey and allow
to emerge organically
along the way.”
― yung pueblo
“Take the short way back home, back to yourself.
Seed these words into your heart:
“You are never alone.”
Look up to the sky. There are millions of stars
Look up to the sky,
POEMS ABOUT ANXIETY
Check back in with yourself and rate how you feel. Compare the rating to your earlier one.
The pain and suffering from depression and anxiety are hard to manage. Hopefully there is something in a quote or poem that inspires you to hold on, and to prevail. (Cheese aside!)
Suffering is temporary.
There is so much hope available to you!
I’m sorry that you’re going through this right now.
Keep in mind Buddha’s motto: “no matter how hard the past, you can always begin again.”
Leave a Comment